"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Thursday, August 7, 2008

back in the day

Back when I was in middle school at Christmas, one of my grandfathers bought my sister and me a chest.  Mine has been hiding in my closet from that day on.  Through the years, I would put special mementos in it, but not until today have I opened it in about a year or two.  There inside I found nestled my journal I wrote in during some of my last years at home in high school.  It made me smile when I saw it, for it brought back a rush of good memories and it felt like a piece of me from long ago found again.  I will share a poem or two from it with you.

-On Watching the Sunset on a Hilltop   

"Atop a mountain, the sun sets alone.  

Vivid clouds dance round it  as darkness over takes the world.

Wisps of blue float out of nowhere into a world unknown to mankind.

The aura sweeps on a desert sky and earthly beings stand in awe

As hues of color disappear into the night sky,

Hiding their wings of beauty onto another day.

And a bird chases the sky until it vanishes on thin air." 

 

"You inquire and I answer

I weep and you wonder.

My thoughts are none for what you believe.

They are for a space in time

Captured in the frozen expression of

Opinion."