"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Friday, August 8, 2008

a couple of my poems I've written this summer

I haven't titled either of these poems, but if there's any confusion on where one ends and one begins, the first one ends right above the stars and the second one begins under them :) Enjoy

"I've reached into the clouds and gathered rain.

It's only normal, it's been days.

The weather is changing, I put on my coat of arms for protection against the bitter wind.

The pieces are coming out of place.

Tv dinners and indie films occupy the space and time.

Pictures gather dust as they hide in drawers left unopened,

And the coffee mug stains the dresser where it stays to be remembered.

The weather is changing, I put on my coat of arms for comfort against the bitter wind.

The pieces are coming out of place.

Petals are discarded 'round the table from that night.

I loved those flowers, but I wish they weren't given to me upon that hour,

And the songs we sang in front of the crowd are bittersweet now because...

The weather is changing now." 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************


"I should've seen it coming

despite what was written there.

The words all jumbled together

to form a pretense.

I read them all

as if that was what was supposed to be.

Perhaps it was for the time being.

Now they mock me as I decipher between the lines.

Back and forth I scan for a sign

but all I see is truth

and the way they left me all behind."