"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Dream" fall 2007

You came back today, entered our lives just like you would have every day for the past twelve years.  We were all confused but asked no questions for fear that you would leave again.  I placed your hand in mine, and you smiled.  All day I wondered who granted my wish for you to return.  I thought it was impossible. 

            We journeyed to the places I now know as familiar.  You were blind to them, but I hoped you would see them as what they were.  After twelve years things change dramatically if you have no presence in the here and now of someone’s life.  I refused to let go of your hand or let you out of my sight.

            “We made a movie in memory of you,” I told him as we strolled the downtown streets.  He didn’t say a word the whole time.  I supposed he was just happy to be back with me and the rest of us.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that he couldn’t stay for very long.  I was right about that because… 

Then I woke up.