"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Saturday, February 14, 2009

written may 2007

Paint it all black because I can’t even see it anymore.

The colors that have been etched through time continually fade, but we grab onto its everlasting threads.

What I can’t comprehend is still there; I’m just afraid to glance it.

 

You over there, what’s life handed you? 

Is it merely the crumbs you beg for?

I’m tired of all the hassle that brings me down.

I hope you interrupt my speech with pleasant words of love and affirmation.

 

What a welcome surprise.  I assumed it was to be muted tones for awhile.

You give the overture the name of a new beginning

While the colors are beginning to turn.

 

You. Me.  Standing here in the brisk sunlight.

And I ask you.

Can you comprehend?