"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Sunday, April 5, 2009

a couple poems I've recently written

"Searching out of Darkness" 

He sits in the brown, worn chair sipping tea.

It’s always half empty--

the waitress can never refill it, and he

perches where the view is darkness.

 

She walks in the door, greeting strangers.

Spilling the juice handed her, she laughs

she leaves admirers in her shadow

if she knew that,

it would grieve her.

 

He glances at the woman,

a grimace in place

and she catches his eye

no one begs her to smile.

Neither knows what they are capable of.

 

If he could open his eyes,

turn around for a little while

maybe he could see

why the world looks better

out of darkness.

 

She takes careful, yet brave steps

to the door as she leaves

for a place he is a stranger to.

Her friends beckon her on.

 

He remains, mute and

with skin turning down

in a critical stare.

To the onlooker, he cares not to save

yet unknowingly, he tortures.

 

His mind is in a state of unawareness;

hers absorbs all she can take in.

He shuts his eyes, and

she peers in the window, searching.


"Tomorrow"

As soon as this time will transpire, I will race for the door.

I am tired, yet willing and waiting.

My mind is running a mile a minute, “shall I stay or

should I go?”

I’m always asking the same questions, it never changes.

Like a clock, our words have been ticking as time travels by.

 

I try telling myself it will be alright in the end, but

tonight I feel a rush of adrenaline,

only I had done zilch, zero strenuous labor.

This rush is coming from the repeated rhythm of words

in my head that I beckon my mouth to speak.

I beg myself not to say anything though, in fear of the blurred future.

 

I grab onto the door handle and make my exit, trying

to shut all the talk out.  I am a mix of emotions.

Maybe

if I turn the other way, you won’t notice, and so

I take my leave of absence telling myself tomorrow

I will be brave enough to admit all of this to you.

 

Tomorrow has yet to arrive, and I’ve tallied up the days

since we have last talked.  I don’t desire to feel as I do.

It caught me off guard, but I’m sinking into this sense

of feeling as the days pass by.  I count on it now.

Tomorrow I will face you and focus on the words that have

been hiding inside of me for longer than I imagined.