"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

on warm sunny days, i park at a distance

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/142520383_8521314277.jpg i can't help but be grateful for the warm, sunny days that have arrived on my front doorstep the past few days. on days like today i decide to park a little farther away at school so i can embrace the feeling days like this bring me as i walk to class.
i have lots to say, so bear with me, and i may leave something out at that...
i am finished with my spanish oral exam, therefore much stress has been lifted off of my shoulders. now to get through the actual exam a week from now...
i went to the library last night, and as i was studying my spanish on a bench outside and trying to take in all of the last of sunlight, a friend walked up to greet me. we had poetry together last semester, and i don't see her as much anymore. i must say that we are not very close, but she is one of the sweetest girls i've ever met and always full of compliments. we greeted each other as usual. i was clad in a bright t-shirt and blue cheerleading shorts with my natural face on (no makeup). i complimented the girl on her outfit saying "you look cute!" to which she immediately responded, "well, thanks. you do too, you're just the cutest thing and so beautiful." it made me feel so good!
things people say can either break you or piece back together something that may have been lost.
i am loving all of these blogs that i have found. yesterday, i'm a bit embarassed to say that i spent a good portion of the day admiring all of them, and i added quite a few, so check them out!
i'm majoring in english as most of you know. i love it, however, i have had a yearning to do journalism. yes, they are somewhat connected, and i'm not changing my major since i'm a junior. but i'm thinking about getting my masters in journalism. what do you think? my intentions for english were to get my masters and maybe PhD and be an english professor. but i hate public speaking. i think i'm much better at writing and getting my point accross than i am in speaking. plus, it's a passion i have always had. i can remember back to when i was 9 years old and writing stories. i have always been fascinated with writing and reading.
someday, i want to write an autobiography. there are things in my life that i'd love to share, things that i have gone through and things that are happening now. things i have overcome, sorrows, joys, pain and hope all my life. i'm not looking to gain any fame, if i do this one day. i just really think it's something i should do. maybe one day. food for thought.
these words came to me earlier as i got to my apartment. obviously, it can be connected to a semester ending. "let's come together now and celebrate the end of an era, the end of a season. the people we pass we may never touch again, but let's celebrate while the time is upon us and connect with the people that have embraced our hearts. and let's celebrate the future and the times and people we have yet to celebrate with" maybe a bit cheesy but it's the way i feel :)
have a wonderful day; i'm going out to enjoy the sun because i parked at a distance :)
buenos tardes!