"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Saturday, April 25, 2009

poem inspired from a song


this picture is of the quad at Tech. it was beautiful, i couldn't resist taking a pic of it yesterday.

this poem was inspired by this song



"Fearless Energy"

You’re creeping in unnoticed,

Like an animal searching for its prey,

Only this time it’s me you’re after.

I am not afraid, I’ve wanted this forever, but

I hid the hope inside of me for so long,

I didn’t even realize I could consider it again.

 

I glide on fearful steps of what may arrive

because of things left undone.

I shut my eyes, fearing what tomorrow could bring and

I glance towards you, timid and afraid.

 

All of the sudden a burst of energy comes my way.

I let myself feel again, and the wind 

carries your thoughts to my own.

I’m letting these thoughts grow with

the comfort around us, I won’t let it wilt

because it hasn’t disappeared.

 

Night did fall, and we were blind

because of our own insecurities.

Now, the dust has been cleaned

from those years.

 

The sunrise brims over

the mountain. Time is now

in sync with us together.

It’s been years, but never has this hope

burned more brightly, nor has it been

burned out of my mind.