"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

summer fever


hmm...things to look forward to this summer
1. family/and old friends/being home for a little while
2. having time to read what i want :)
3. WARM weather
4. my apartment, friends here
5. the lake...possibly?
6. sundown in the city
7. no school for a little while, just learning what I wish to learn :)
8. a new summer cd (I have made a cd for every summer since i've been in college)
9. dresses
10. sunshine
There are more reasons, those are just a few.  
something i've thought about lately is how sometimes when i'm going through something or having a "season of sorrow," when i come out of it, i have become stronger yes. but something else too.  those glimpses of hope and peace and laughter from friends or just myself that i am able to grasp during those times are so evident and mean so much.  during those times, i always grow and learn something about myself that i might not have had had before.  last summer i took a trip to barbados with my family and brought along one of my best friends, abby.  the people in barbados are extremely laid back; they aren't afraid to come talk to you. this kind of personality the natives had i wasn't familiar with, but they had a "no worries, every little thing is gon' be alright" kind of attitude that was just intoxicating to me.  i wish i could be more like that.  during that season, i was trying to overcome some hard situations in my life.  i had my friends and family, work and school to occupy some of that time.  but i have learned that though times in our lives may be hard and sometimes you think you won't ever be able to survive, "every litle thing will be alright."  i believe we are never given more than we can handle.  some things you can get over, some will always stay with you, but going through these times always makes you stronger in the end. i thought last summer was one of the worst in my life, but now, looking back on it, it was probably the best.  I find myself wishing i could have it back.  but for now, i'm longing for summer 2009.  it's going to be wonderful dearies :)