"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

a list of memories

i decided to compile a list of favorite things i've done from this school year (september 2008-may 2009). yes, the year hasn't finished YET but it will SOON. 

1. getting my new apartment and living with one of my very best friends Abby
2. buying decorations
3. attempting to cook
4. my poetry and creative writing classes
5. learning lessons outside of school
6. becoming better friends with a few people
7. studying for finals before Christmas break at my apartment with Tisha and Liz and staying up all night
8. making rice krispy treats. once on the stove with Tisha and once in the microwave with Liz because it was late and we were too lazy :)
9. having my own little home
10. the geranium my little sister Rosie gave Abby and me for our apartment that is perched on the windowsill. we water it every day :)
11. playing catch phrase and corn hole (a new favorite)
12. mine and abby's DANCE PARTIES we have when we get stressed. here is a sample of what we dance to: electric feel-MGMT, music is my boyfriend-CSS, paper plains-MIA, untouched-The Veronicas, upbeat things like this. if you have any suggestions for more fun music let me know :)
13. poems and short stories i've written while being happy, sad, confused, overjoyed
14. my birthday cake candle in my room. it smells JUST like birthday cake. yum.
15. long talks with my friends
16. the lights strung around my window
17. spankies and crawdaddies with my friends
18. POETS coffee shop and the fact that they now have bands playing there plus awesome coffee and neat atmosphere
19. the backdoor playhouse on campus
20. going to the 24 hour restaurant or rather "hole in the wall" Cosmos for 25 cent wings on wednesdays and also just going late at night
21. trip to the beach for spring break with Liz and her mom-so relaxing and beautiful everyday
22. driving around getting my frustration out
23. driving to and from school or anywhere with music pouring from the speakers. my cd player included: copeland, death cab for cutie, coldplay, ryan adams, damien rice, raising sand (alison krauss and robert plant's cd), a collection of cds i made: country favorites, upbeat pop songs, songs i remember from high school
24. going to friends' houses/apartments for get togethers and to hang out
25. the opossum i saw under my neighbors car. it stared straight back at me and didn't move.
26. learning more about writers
27. using Abby's GPS to find a restaurant we'd never been to before in Cookeville and eventually ending up at the Olive Garden :) we didn't achieve our goal, but it was good nonetheless
28. cinco de mayo is better than el tapatio en mi opinion 
29. having good, exciting food to eat in the 'fridge
30. the antique store i found downtown
31. slumber parties with friends
32. eating easter candy my mother supplied me with while watching movies and being lazy
33. realizing that i would indeed survive coming back to college and cookeville after Christmas break
34. driving past places of special significance to me and driving around campus to take in the sights, sounds and feelings around me
35. the bitter cold and wind walking to and from class
36. my sorority and going inactive, yet keeping the friends i made in it. i miss it sometimes.
37. going to blowing rock over Christmas break
38. exciting texts 
39. making this blog :)
40. getting a new phone
41. buying mucho cheap clothes from jimmy'z in morristown over the break since it was closing :(
42. asking myself "why" "how" "when" "where" but especially "why" over and over and over again
43. going to Window on the World with Caroline and regaining my desire to travel and explore the world
44. splurging on a dress in JonGee's :)
45. my roommate from freshman year, Emily, coming to visit in the fall
46. numerous trips to taco bell late at night
47. having friends over
48. REDBOX is a gold mine for the poor college student :)
49. meeting new and interesting people
50. overcoming times of struggle
51. being extremely happy and satisfied 
52. having interesting neighbors
53. sitting on a blanket in the quad at school while doing homework
54. going to Cardin's on the way home and getting a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake hm..i want one now.
55. receiving a call from someone very special to me
56. Vindication of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollstonecraft
57. reading Jane Eyre for the third time
58. watching The Strangers and not being too afraid. watching Changeling and being scared out of my mind
59. dinner with the Walls 
60. facebook and getting distracted by it while i should be studying. now i'm dostracted more by my blog :)
61. the cookeville public library
62. all of these memories are special to me and i will be adding more, i'm sure. the truth is, if it hadn't been for my wonderful friends, half of these memories wouldn't exist. so thank you and i love you all tremendously.
buenos noches dearies :)