"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Friday, June 5, 2009

tryingtocontainmyself

at this very moment that i'm writing this i can barely contain my excitement because...
I
GOT
THE
JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm so so so so so excited, i'm so happy!
i'm not even gonna lie,
as soon as i walked in my door again, i did a little scream of joy hehe
i'm gonna be working with children pre-k up to 6th grade (they haven't assigned me what group yet) but now that i think about it...6th grade? hm..some of them may be taller than me hehehe
it's an after school program that continues in the summer.  the lady that hired me even said that i could probably work out a schedule to work in the fall during the school year.  so, i think they liked me :)  after that, i had to go get my finger printed for a background check.  now i'm just waiting on monday to get here.  i start at ten on that day.  
you see, i'm very excited to have this opportunity because as some of you may have guessed, it's hard for me to get just any job because of my limitations and paralysis in my right arm.  i told them i have worked with kids since i was about twelve such as working in vacation bible school, babysitting and i informed them a bit about the possibility of me starting to volunteer for the Mustard Seed Ranch.  i assumed i'd have to explain what that was, but they immediately recognized the name and knew the owners, etc.  it's kinda crazy how it has all worked out so fastly, and it's somewhat connected.
anyway, enough of that.
i was listening to Lydia on the way to the interview.  it's beautiful music, very mellow, indie-ish but after that interview, it was NOT time to be mellow.  i quickly took that out, and inserted Radiohead-the bends  
song of the day so far is "the bends"
enjoy and buenos tardes :)