"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Sunday, July 5, 2009

i'm a time traveler

inspired by the book The Time Traveler

often i feel i'm a time traveler.
i disappear into one world and grow into another.
i'm like two bodies submerged into one.
i have one name with opposite meanings depending on the day.
on occasion, i believe i've found someone to travel with,
and then i'll turn my head and they'll be replaced. 
as i climb up the mountains, i set my feet on the ground;
as i venture onto the plateau, i set my mind to a different tune
and begin to fly.
these roads can lead to unexpected turns, 
i may be frozen but still marching forward to 
unexpected lands, and
when i see you, my lips 
sting with the words that have been traveling with 
me through all time.