"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Thursday, July 16, 2009

a select few

here are a select few poems i've written over the past few years. some of the feelings i had in the poems have completely changed, some are exactly the same.
enjoy :)

7-26-06

You fade in and out when you reach for
air. Fingers tremble at an
unfamiliar pace where I cannot
remember. Discarding days like a fool, what
pray tell will we do? A heart's 
remembrance may not be enough, but it's all
I can recall. A new tide has
turned, memories are my ever present stain.
It's blasphemy to say I will
forget.

1/14/06

Frozen in time
Now melting and stepping forward
Thoughts dance in my head
I tell them to stop, as melodies spring forth and
carry me away.

11/22/05

There's no shame in curiosity, and 
no end to destinations. So how
must I settle in this place? There are
precautions to take, but
unthinkable choices at the last moment. Escaping
this massacre is laughable when there's
no where to hide.
Constant question marks are left upon 
my face. I will not know the answer until the
morrow, but I pray 'tis alright.