"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Thursday, May 28, 2009

bookworm.

i am a bookworm, and i'm not ashamed to say it :)
i had a lovely reunion with one of my best friends, tisha, today
we window shopped, drove to sonic at "happy hour" and both got a large cherry vanilla dr. pepper. it's so yummy.
a little while after that, i ventured on over to one of my favorite places:
the public library.
now, let me say, i have been going to the library since i can remember.
i recall walking with my kindergarden class to the library in Columbus, Mississippi, and Mother Goose read to us :)
perhaps that's where my love for books began
or maybe with my mother's encouragement for me to read. she used to read to me every night before i went to bed which is a tradition i wish to carry on to my children.
either way, i love the way words can be formed together so beautifully on a page.
i can't even explain it.
back to today:
i went to the library, and i have to admit i have slacked off on my reading a lot since school has been out, something i don't like to admit, but it happens occasionally. 
i got 4 books:
My Antonia by Willa Cather (a classic novel)
Native Guard by Natasha Tretheway (a book of poems)
Atonement by Ian McEwan (a novel...the movie was GREAT, so wanted to read the book)
Flat Belly Diet by Liz Vaccariello (i've heard people talk about this book, so i was curious about it)
if you have any suggestions for further reading that would be wonderful; i'm always looking for more good books to read :)
buenos tardes!