"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ode to Summer

below is one of the buildings in downtown at home..i love it, especially the unique overhead sidewalk
to the right: panther creek park: beautiful, love this park

"Ode to Summer (2009)"

April 23rd-day of freedom with

The sun beaming down; and the crystals

Hiding behind the clouds. I was still

Trapped inside the bubble though. This time around

The previous year, I was flying, but my feet were

Flat on the ground that day. I was satisfied, but

Satisfaction can only get you so far.

 

I was a mess. I drowned in the nervous tension

Around me, and anxiety ate me alive. I’ve always been

A dreamer, but my dreams were covered by the mass

Of angst I was under. Days piling on top of one another,

No time, no time, no time. Would I ever come out of

This alright?

 

May 7th-relief at last. I stepped out of the world I

Inhibited and drove to a place I call home. I was

Greeting strangers, so happy was I, so fulfilled.

Seeing the rainbow from amidst the clouds and drizzle

Of rain that now fell from the sky rather than

My eyes. I’m falling in love again with the sun and sky

Around me. This time around, it will be all worthwhile.