"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

last night

"last night"

last night I was spinning backwards and I usually don’t get

dizzy

but it’s been awhile for me. stepping into that zone of

existence

was bewildering. I was staring at something strangely familiar, a

ghost.

I smiled at it, but inside I knew it was just a haunting of

what was.

I sat and talked with it, in my mind I was running in the opposite

direction.

I felt a bit sick, but smiled anyway to cover the mass of

questions I didn’t want answered. Put a quarter in that jukebox and

play

my favorite song, but it played something from days gone by and

I must

clean the dust to remember. I ran for the door, hoping my head would

clear.

I hopped in the car, ignited my engine and sped off, leaving it all

behind.

The apparition didn’t chase me, like I assumed it might so I

embraced

my thoughts once again, looked forward and awoke from that strange

dream.