"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Saturday, May 23, 2009

a late night ranting

i just want to say i freakin' loooove this band i was introduced to tonight:
if you haven't heard of them, stop what you are doing now, look them up and soak into the beautiful music they make.  they are amazing.  mine and my sister hayley's friend millicent introduced me to them tonight.  thank you mill :)
new poem, or you could just call it

"a late night ranting"

the photographs strewn on the floor and the music in my ear

try to creep in my heart but I freeze and hold my breath until it subsides.

the lamp flickers on and off as I pick up where I left off,

I make a note to search for a new bulb, this one has burned all it’s brightness out.

Always is an adjective that frightens me because nothing is ever constant on earth,

so I’ll leave for a new destination. I make promises to myself I can’t keep, but

I'll take this one day at a time. Perhaps one more day, 

and I’ll say always to something I believe in.