"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Sunday, May 3, 2009

little blue baby.

The drums beat, slow and steady, slow and

steady, the music picks up the pace, and we

all bob our heads. It’s our favorite

song. In our minds we are acting out what

it makes us feel. “Don’t you worry,”

says my face but inside my head is

a different scene.

 

This is the song I hear when

I pass that little blue baby every day.

I’m lucky the speed limit is only 15 ‘cause

my eyes are glued to the rearview

mirror. If it was even 20, I’d fear for my

life.

 

I face the road daydreaming as night covers

the sky with it’s blanket and fog creeps up on

its back. “Don’t let ya spirits get ya down,” I remember

someone once advising. That little blue baby is

exactly where I first saw it in its predictable state. I imagine

if I got in it, my hair would blow in the wind if

the speed was right.

 

Paint peels on its side, the only downfall.

Touch that up, will do. We always think we can

make things better that way but it covers what will

appear again. Putting on the blinders and acting like it’s

okay when all along you just want to see.

 

I turn the volume up; my eyes and thoughts turn

to see what’s next on the road. I bob my head, look

in the rearview mirror one last time, for

memory’s sake, and pull out of the dusty trail. Maybe

that little blue baby will shine again one day and with

the right speed, my hair will blow in the wind.

*******************************************************************************

I need a job for the summer...any ideas?

have a good Sunday, buenos tardes :)