"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Thursday, May 21, 2009

iron&wine

been catching up on my favorite blogs...
many of them have been talking about memories
so i want to share a memory.
going to the beach with my family one summer in high school
and listening to iron & wine a good part of the time...
and sitting on the beach with a book in my hand and absorbing what the sand and ocean felt like...
and wearing a big straw hat that was in high fashion then...
and going to bed with sand under the covers...
and feeling the burn on my shoulders...
and talking to my boyfriend back then and telling him how i miss him...
and going to bed with the sheet over my eyes 'cause the t.v. was on...
and listening, learning, watching, feeling...
what i felt back then...
i saw 17 again tonight and it was so good and zac efron is smokin' hawt.  so go see it, even only to see him in it haha...but one of the things mentioned in the movie was how when you're in high school and that age when something bad happens, you think it's the end of the world. you have so much sorrow, you feel so much pain, but really it's not the end of the world.
i remember feeling this way so much.
my mom would tell me that everything would be alright and that it indeed wasn't the end of the world.
i went about my business, still in sorrow and eventually getting over whatever was bothering me.
but i think all of us have to go through trials, even after high school, and for the rest of our lives to truly feel happiness when it happens.
buenos noches my dears.