"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Thursday, May 28, 2009

on my mind.

i'm sitting in my apartment, it's late and i have someone weighing heavy on my mind:
my daddy.
i don't mean to make this a sad post, but i fear it may be, so bear with me.  i don't wish to say a lot at the present moment about him.  i just wanted to share something i wrote a long time ago in memory of him. it's very short, yet very heartfelt.  i'm so happy for the the memories i have, and i cherish the years i knew him on earth. 

written October 2004

Faint clouds overhead   

That leave the tears to form on my face.

Glance out as the rain fades away

And grasp onto life as it is for now.

If I would've known, I'd have begged for longer,

But time slipped through our fingers.

If only we could turn back time,

But the past is gone,

Only sweet memories abide.

So many centuries gone by,

Not a one passed without

A thought of you...