"The world has moved, be quick enough to not miss it now,
so wake up your eyes and darling your smile" -Copeland

Monday, May 18, 2009

take me home, country roads

when i pulled off of the interstate and onto 11-E (the highway that leads me home), i felt a rush of adrenaline. 
this is always the case.
i love going home.
i stopped by cardin's drive in and got a peanut butter chocolate milkshake...my favorite :)
i tried to take a picture of it so portray the essence of this place, but my batteries were out on my camera. anyway, it's been there forever, on the side of the highway. just a little hole in the wall place. if you are ever in the knoxville, tn area, look it up and get a milkshake. you won't regret it, plus it's a lot cheaper than some of the chain restaurants. it's soooo yummy :) 
i'm sitting on my back porch now. it really suits me, and it's cozy. this is probably my favorite part of my house. 
it's neat how there are certain places that capture your heart that you'll never forget. these are just a few of mine.
i smell burgers...i think we are grilling out :) 
i've decided to postpone my poem i was talking about a couple posts ago. i apologize, but it's not nearly finished...
buenos tardes